Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Well, Hello everyone!

Wow!  That was a lot of copying and pasting, but I finally subscribed to all of your blogs.  I think this might be fun, but I'm usually not into techy things.  I have been working at the Spokane VA Medical Center as the Secretary to the Chief of Ambulatory Care for about 4 months now.  I was not expecting this job to be so much work, I usually can only complete 2 tasks a day on my "to-do list" because of all of the little tasks that people need my help with.  I am usually a stressed out person, so, I have to really "talk" to myself to calm my nerves.  This is the first job that I've had where I can't finish everything due that day; that really gets to me sometimes.  Then I look around at everyone else and realize that this is common in the VA; everyone is overworked and overtasked.  It's like they hire 1 person and expect them to do 3 people's jobs.  So, that helps me calm down because I am not the only one. 
I have a wonderful husband that I have been married to for 7 years.  He is a correctional officer at the state prison here.  We have two beautiful girls; Ava, 4 and Lucie, 2.  I have a very busy life since my husband works swing shift and we only see each other on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, otherwise I am by my self for the rest of the week.  Feel like a single mom sometimes. 
Well, there is a little background about me and my life.  Can't wait to read all of your posts!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kayla:

    Just learning how to blog, so bare with me while I learn.

    It sounds as if you have an extremely busy life, but a happy one. I, too, have two girls but they are 16 and 12. I own my Curves facility in Long Island New York for about eight years and work over fifty hours a week and am working on building my nutritional supplement business. I love to counsel women and their families with their health and wellness goals, too.

    My advice to you is to ebjoy your girls while they are young because they grow so fast and savor the time that you do get with your husband. I say this because I have had a tough year and after twenty years, I am going through a divorce and moving and raising my girls, as I run my business, go to school, run my daughters back and forth to their activities, handle all the financial obligations, etc.

    If there are any questions that I could help you with, I would love to help.

    Hope to talk soon. Look forward to it.

    Yours in health,

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete