Thursday, December 30, 2010

Journey to Relaxation

So, I never commented on the journey to relaxation and thought I should share my experience.  This is the kind of stuff that I can really relate to.  I am good at following instructions when it comes to mind over matter exercises, but I didn't expect to feel the way I did while doing this relaxation session.  I really could visualize my arteries and veins dilating as I "felt my hands and arms becoming heavier".  The voice was very relaxing also, I liked the above a whisper volume and the calm consistent tone he used.  I have done this journey about three time now and it really does help me when I'm feeling stressed out or overwhelmed with life.  I hope the rest of you had a positive experience and can't wait to try some more relaxation techniques.

5 comments:

  1. I felt the same way. I felt myself start to relax and its hard for me to do that with so much going on all the time. It was weird just feeling so calm and collected and my body felt so invigorated and refreshed afterward. I had a great positive experience and i think it shows us just a little of what we can do to just relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will obviously have to work harder on these relaxation techniques. I am not getting as much out of them as everyone else seems to be. I think it is because I am home doing these. I find my mind drifting to all the things I could be doing other than trying to relax, like put a load of wash in the washer. I will try harder to relax. Wait how to you spell that again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took your advice and tried the journey on relaxation techniques again, this time in the quiet of my office at lunch time. It worked much better, thank you for encouraging me to try it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kayla:

    It is hard for me to get any alone and quiet time during ther day, until I complete my move. I know that sounds hard to believe, but every minute is filled, sometimes double booked. Everyone wants a piece of me, so I probably would benefit form this exercise. Since everyone seems to do very well with this relaxation exercise, I will work hard at finding a quiet place and a block of timeto di it in.

    Relax, what is that?

    Yours in health,

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kayla,

    I have yet to comment on the exercise I know I am so late but I will let you know how it turns out once I am finished. I sure hope I have the same experience that you had.

    ReplyDelete